Purpose of the role:
Responsible for the analysis, design, coding, testing, documentation and support of new software applications and enhancements to existing applications. Provide technology solutions to allow business units to achieve their objectives and goals.
Job role and responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
• Design, develop and test software applications
• Maintain systems by identifying and correcting software defects
• Create technical specifications and unit test plans
• Work with QA to align understanding of requirements and to develop system test plans
• Work as part of an Agile development team to solve problems and develop projects in a fast-paced environment
• Follow instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
• Demonstrate a basic degree of creativity and problem-solving skills
• Follow the established software development life cycle
• Follow established coding standards and naming conventions
• Support applications using software development methodologies including structured programming, documentation, design, and code review
• Work with business analysts and application users to define and design robust user centric application solutions
Formal Education & Certification:
• Four-year university degree or college diploma in computer science and/or 6 years equivalent work experience
Skills and experience required:
Knowledge and Experience
• 4-6 years of experience in all phases of software development including design, coding, testing , debugging, implementation, and source management
• Must prior experience as a .Net Developers (mentoring others)
• Strong knowledge of the .NET framework (4.5 and up to include .Net Core)
• Experience in .Net Core development
• Proficient in C# with good understanding of VB.NET
• Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and SOLID design principles
• Experience with SOAP and Restful Web Services (WCF, Web API)
• Proficient in SQL Server 2012 and above, Transact SQL, stored procedures, triggers, DTS packages
• Experience in end-to-end Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) project
• Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodologies
• Experience with code review and evaluation
• Good at understanding requirements, estimation
• Good team player, have ability and willingness to mentor junior developers
• Have passion for learning new technologies and enhancing existing skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Self-starter that can work well in a team environment
• Proactive issue resolution with a positive attitude
• Understands solution at the project level
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Demonstrated leadership and personnel/project management skills.
• Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills and ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
• Ability to write and present technical design and development documents.
• Good attention to detail.
• Good problem-solving skills.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Excellent-communication skills are required. English (spoken and written).
• Available to work in different time zones.
• Some after-hours work will be required to join online meetings with global team members.
• Global Head of DDC Business Applications Platform.
• Architecture teams.
• Service delivery managers.
• Global Product Owners / Managers
• Global Head of IT Security
• Heads of Application Support in global markets
• PMO, project leads and service delivery leads.
• Regional Infrastructure Managers.
• ITSM team.
To apply for this role, select “Apply Here” and you will be taken to SkillsNow Platform.