Inchcape is one of the world’s largest independent automotive distributors and retailers. Our core purpose is to manage the end-to-end distribution logistics and customer experience for the best car brands in the world. We work on behalf of brands including BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar-Land Rover; VW Group (VW, Audi and Porsche); Toyota/Lexus and Subaru.
Founded in 1847, we are listed on the London Stock Exchange and have 18,700 employees in 32 markets across Asia, the Pacific, South America, Africa, and Europe.
Our core business is distribution in emerging markets, whereby we are exclusively responsible for an auto manufacturer’s sales and brand from the factory gate to the end sale in a specific country. This includes logistics, advertising & marketing, customer experience and retail.
Job role and responsibilities:
- Will support, design, and apply the strategic infrastructure plan, according to the Enterprise strategy designed by the global IT architect.
- Must design and evaluate (architecture, cost, technology) for Network, Cloud & on-premises environments.
- Provide architectural consulting expertise, direction, and assistance to Systems Analysts, Systems Engineers, and other Systems Architects.
- Document and develop in-depth knowledge of company’s existing IT architecture/infrastructure, and technology portfolio.
- Manage an infrastructure capacity plan.
- Document, communicate, and enforce a technology standards policy.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of infrastructure development efforts and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility.
- Design, develop, and oversee implementation of end-to-end integrated systems.
- Develop and execute test plans to check infrastructure and systems technical performance. Report on findings and make recommendations for improvement.
- Collaborate with end users and senior management to define business requirements for complex systems development and gain buy-in for all infrastructure plans.
- Review new and existing IT projects, systems design, and procurement/outsourcing plans for compliance with IT standards and architectural plans.
- Participate in the DDC’s Business Continuity plan and disaster recovery plan.
Formal Education & Certification:
- Four-year university degree or college diploma in the field of computer science and/or 6 years equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in Azure (Architecture AZ-303),
- Certifications in AWS (Architecture, Security, DevOps) or GCP highly regarded.
- Certifications in Cisco, Security,
- Itil v3 foundation.
Skills and experience required:
Knowledge and Experience
• 4 years successful delivering infrastructure design and operational excellence.
• Exceptional knowledge of infrastructure maintenance and delivery within an enterprise environment.
• Broad knowledge of current infrastructure technologies.
• Managing infrastructure for complex cloud applications.
• Extensive experience presenting technical architectural principles and designs to all levels of
• Strong security experience essential.
• Strong system administration (Linux and Windows)
• Enterprise data center infrastructure (compute, storage, networking, security, DR)
• Expert Azure and AWS architecture (SaaS, PaaS and IaaS)
• Knowledge about Cloud security architecture
• Experiences in consolidation of datacenters and hybrid environments
• Knowledge about networking technologies (LAN, SDWAN)
Job Description -IT infrastructure architect Lead
• Available to work in different time zones.
• Some afterhours work will be required to join online meetings with global team members
To apply for this role, select “Apply Here” and you will be taken to SkillsNow Platform