Purpose of role
This role is responsible for managing the scope of Major Releases, ensuring that deadlines and quality standards are met. It owns the cutover plan for Major Releases, to include project content as well as any individual CICRs or Defect CRs that require Regression Testing. The role provides the contact point with Release and Deployment Management at all stages of the Release, and involves close co-operation with the Project Management team, Test Manager and various workstream leads.
Job role and responsibilities:
- Develop effective, detailed and resourced Major Release cutover plans, working closely with the Project Managers, relevant stream leads (CICRs and Defect CRs), the Test Manager and the Basis Manager to ensure:
- Key milestone dates are met
- All required stages of testing are carried out at the appropriate time, providing advice on potential high risk regression test areas
- All Authorisation Role requirements have been identified and are included within the Release to facilitate effective role-based testing in all layers
- Organisation Structure transports and FI master data are in the necessary layers at the right time to perform Data Migration
- In partnership with the Release Manager, check and validate all CRs within the Release leading to the confirmation of the transport packs for technical cut-over, including ensuring that all manual tasks are identified, resourced and included in the cutover plan.
- Present the Release Cutover plan to Pre-Production and Production CAB, supported by the Project Manager
Skills and Experience Required:
- Excellent and confident communication skills, both written and verbal , in English and Spanish.
- Process-oriente, well organised, self-disciplined and motivates to meet deadlines, with the experience and confidence to challenge and to question where necessary, and to drive resolutions to issues as they arise.
- Robust functional and development knowledge within FI, CO, MM, SD and VMS
- A good understanding of PI, BW and their touch points with ECC
- Additional desirable skills and experience:
- Working knowledge of SolMan ChaRM
- An understanding of SAP’s Authorisation Role concepts
- Familiarity with, and experience of, ITIL Change, Release and Deployment management principles
- Any Fiori, Coupa, TIS or BlackLine familiarity