Inchcape is one of the world’s largest independent automotive distributors and retailers. Our core purpose is to manage the end-to-end distribution logistics and customer experience for the best car brands in the world. We work on behalf of brands including BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar-Land Rover; VW Group (VW, Audi and Porsche); Toyota/Lexus and Subaru.
Founded in 1847, we are listed on the London Stock Exchange and have 18,700 employees in 32 markets across Asia, the Pacific, South America, Africa, and Europe.
Our core business is distribution in emerging markets, whereby we are exclusively responsible for an auto manufacturer’s sales and brand from the factory gate to the end sale in a specific country. This includes logistics, advertising & marketing, customer experience and retail.
Main responsibilities are, but not limited to:·
• Design and code the API microservices of the application.
• Monitor the quality and performance of the APIs and application.·
• Help build/improve the devops pipeline.
• Propose and implement new tools, best practices and methodologies.
• Conduct code reviews.
• Write Unit and Integration tests.
• Help configure and manage the cloud environments (AWS).
• Use of Jira and Confluence to keep work status and technical documentation updated.
• Strong software development experience (at least 5 years) in Php (Symfony)
• Strong knowledge of architectural design patterns and best practices.
• Experience working with integrations, APIs, containers.
• Experience using GraphQL.
• Experience with Unit Testing, Mocking and Dependency Injection frameworks.
• Ability to write high performance, reusable and testable code.
• Ability to diagnose and solve application performance problems.
• Experience with version control tools like Git.·
• Experience working in an Agile environment.
• Experience with cloud environments and capabilities (AWS/Azure)
• Experience with OOP (SOLID) Principles, TDD, Domain Driven Development
• Desirable: high traffic website / e-commerce experience
• Responsible and committed to his work.
• Team player.
• Someone with a curious mind.
• A strong drive for getting features done quickly and successfully.
• Passion for technology and personal interest in keeping abreast of latest
technology developments and best practices.
• A balanced individual, with a sense of humour and fun; someone who will add
positive energy to the company’s environment through his/her personality.
• Professional that is able to understand the root of the problem and implement
the best solution to solve it.
• Someone that is not afraid to give their opinion
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
To apply for this role, select “Apply Here” and you will be taken to SkillsNow Platform.