Purpose of the role:
The Business applications technical and training leader is one of the most critical team members of Business Applications. As a KEY role, this role is oriented to operate, administrate, and maintain the applications on a DevOps and non-DevOps environment. This individual will provide technical leadership and consulting across the organization, from strategic decision making down to the product backlog management, to realise continuous operation and improvement, including preventive/reactive maintenance. In the same way, this role is oriented to plan, perform, and evaluate training over the whole team members across the platform.
Job role and responsibilities:
- Manage, coach, coordinate with the development team on both DDCs (Colombia and Philippines).
- Will coordinate and collaborate with the operation, support, and development team, on activities to maintain Applications operative KPIs, realise minor changes (development) on the applications and continuous optimisation.
- Must participate in the design and quotation process for business applications management, analysing the architecture, cost, technology, resources, and tools.
- Active participation in projects, managing, developing, and supporting operation on the technical solution and oversee the changes applied by tech team to maintain the operation always following the architecture guidelines.
- Active planning, execution, measurement, and optimization of technical and not technical skills for all team members of the platform.
- Develop, and oversee operation and management of end-to-end business applications.
- Develop and execute test plans to check the correct behaviour of business applications. Report on findings and make recommendations for improvement to stakeholders, including estimated time, effort, tools, etc.
Skills and Experience Required:
- At least 5 years of successfully delivering applications development and operational excellence.
- Exceptional knowledge of applications maintenance, optimisation/transformation, development, and delivery within an enterprise environment.
- Broad knowledge of current software development technologies.
- At least 4 years of experience on DevSecOps technologies (must be verifiable experience)
- 5 years managing applications lifecycle.
- 5 years of experience getting broad knowledge and expertise of applications development (web applications, mobile applications, including backend, front end, and integration layers), data architecture (data to be used by each application and integrations), integration architecture (middleware/ REST API / others)
- Broad knowledge of serverless architectures and their development.
- Broad knowledge of Azure application components to be used on application development and solutions.
- Extensive experience presenting development and operation/maintenance/administration implications and estimations (cost, time, resources) to all levels of management.
- Excellent-communication skills are required. Spanish and English (spoken and written).