Purpose of Role
The purpose of this role is to get the maximum return of our spend on the cloud and help speed delivery of products. You will be influential in embedding the best principles and best practices that will help us manage our cloud strategy and governance. This Cloud Cost Specialist will work side by side with markets and regions, proposing solutions that will reduce costs and increase the efficiency.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the Cloud budget while working closely with Cloud Ops team to meet financial objectives
- Performs analysis, create decks and present regular operational reviews to leadership on financial analysis of cloud computing spend for the company/regions/platforms.
- Use strategies and best practices to reduce Azure and GCP costs (Ex: Reservation Instances and Monthly Savings Plans).
- Implement governance standards, including resource tagging, account structure, provisioning, permissions, and access.
- Participates in deep architectural discussions to help product/project teams make the most cost-efficient choices in the financial aspects of Discovery, Estimation, Planning, and Execution process on Cloud Financials.
- Work side by side with different regions, proposing saving solutions and helping to define the Cloud Economics Strategy.
- Define and present the saving plans and strategy.
- Work side by side with ops team to implement the saving strategy defined together with Markets.
Formal Education and certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field (e.g. Finance, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Statistics)
Skills and Experience Required:
Knowledge and Experience
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in Azure environment.
- Proficient knowledge of Azure needs, services/offerings and cost dashboards, reservation management, savings plans, tagging, etc.
- Proven experience in partnering with stakeholders in Engineering and Product on cloud best practices and costing to influence business case decisions.
- Desired certification (nice to have): Azure Certified Associate Solutions Architect and Azure Cloud Financial Management.
- Spanish Speaker (nice to have)
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure high-paced environment and make sound decisions.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated leadership and personnel / project management skills.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills and ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Ability to write, present, and design technical documents.
- Able to conduct research into issues and products as required, and document outcomes.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Available to work in different time zones.
- Some afterhours work will be required to join online meetings with global team members.
To apply for this role, select “Apply Here” and you will be taken to SkillsNow Platform.