PURPOSE OF ROLE
Responsible for the Salesforce Sales & Service Cloud platform, administering, monitoring and supporting. Responsible for the teaching and training end users on how best use Salesforce products. Responsible for knowing the custom functionalities in the Inchcape solution and cascade those functionalities on different markets based on their needs. Responsible for teaching and mentoring the salesforce administrator team and guide them and organize their duties to prioritize the tasks for the different projects and implementations.
JOB ROLE AND RESPONSABILITIES
- Create New User Profiles and Monitor Access Levels: Salesforce administrators are the gatekeepers of their employer’s sales and marketing data. They create each user account and determine the proper level of access based on the employee’s role within the company. When an employee is fired or leaves the company, it is the Salesforce administrator who must remove their access credentials.
- Import New Leads and Contacts: Salesforce administrators oversee the importation of new leads and contacts on a daily basis. In large corporations, they develop a standard operating procedure for this process that is followed by entry-level market researchers and data analysts.
- Duplicate data clogs up Salesforce and keeps it from running at full force. Salesforce administrators use deduplication tools like DemandTools or Ring Lead to scrub duplicate data from their database at least once a week.
- Install High-Priority Updates from Salesforce.com: While Salesforce automatically installs high-priority updates after a certain time period, good Salesforce administrators install these updates as soon as possible. This allows them to test the update in controlled conditions to see how it affects their system configurations.
- Run Quarterly Database Maintenance Reports: Salesforce administrators run many tests and reports to keep an eye on the health of their database. These include APEX tests, field utilization reports, roles by profile reports, and several others depending on the needs of one’s employer.
- Create and Maintain Archive for Field History Tables: Salesforce administrators have to keep records that go back at least 12 months and preferably 18 months. This includes documenting all error reports and all changes to field history tables.
- Address User Issues as They Arise: This broad duty encompasses several tasks. Salesforce administrators are the ones who solve any problems users are having with Salesforce. They also educate employees on new updates and onboard new hires whose role involves access to Salesforce.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Salesforce expertise – a Salesforce administrator can’t get a job without knowing Salesforce inside and out. This includes at least a working knowledge of various secondary products and solutions offered by Salesforce, as well as the ability to teach basic Salesforce functions
- Email marketing expertise – managing email marketing campaigns is one of the most common uses for CRMs like Salesforce. Salesforce administrators are experts in segmenting lists and conducting A/B tests to monitor email performance
- Conversion rate optimization – Salesforce administrators use their data analysis skills and knowledge of company products and services to ensure the sales team’s conversion rate is as high as possible
- Data management – Salesforce administrators use the principles of data management to keep data organized and easy to use
- Problem-solving skills – since Salesforce administrators are the person employees contact if they have an issue accessing Salesforce, they rely on their problem-solving skills daily
- Strong attention to detail – managing large data sets and routinely checking data for accuracy both require strong attention to detail
- Education: BEng (IT, CE, CS, or EC), BSc, MSc (CS), BCA, or MCA
- Certification Required:
- Certified Salesforce Administrator (ADM 201) AND
- Certified Salesforce Advanced Administrator (ADM 301)
- Certifications Desirable:
- Certified Salesforce Platform App Builder
- 3+ years Agile experience and Salesforce Administration with proved experience leading teams