Purpose of Role
This role defines and polices the standards required to ensure SAP development and configuration activities match Inchcape requirements. By ensuring quality at the front end of the process, this facilitates efficient, effective and consistent Release and Deployment for all types of Release. The role helps ensure that CICRs and Defect CRs achieve their objectives first time, on time, every time.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Define, refine, document, communicate and implement effective Development and Configuration standards.
- Ensure that these standards are fully understood by all DDC team members, and that they are implemented consistently at the front end of the delivery process. This will include working with DDC Application Support and Development Management to ensure that the on-boarding of new team members includes familiarization with these standards. An element of 1-2-1 or 1-2-many training via MS Teams may be required.
- Perform a periodic audit of Developments against Inchcape coding standards, identifying shortcomings, and ensuring that the corrections required are made. Where significant and/or consistent failings are identified, escalate accordingly. Provide training or mentoring as appropriate, be that at individual or team level.
- Perform a periodic audit of Configuration against Inchcape standards, identifying shortcomings and ensuring that the corrections required are made. Where significant and/or consistent failings are identified, escalate accordingly. Provide training or mentoring as appropriate, be that at individual or team level. Ensure all configuration is applied to the Development test client using the SCC1 transaction.
- Perform a periodic audit of QA Checklists in tickets, identifying shortcomings and ensuring that the corrections required are made. Where significant and/or consistent failings are identified, escalate accordingly.
- Support the DDC Build Manager and the DDC Release and Deployment Manager with QA checks and validations for Major Releases, ensuring that quality and process standards are being met, the latter in line with external audit requirements.
- Review, update and create ITIL-aligned process documentation as required.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Excellent written and spoken English
- A structured and disciplined approach to processes and procedures, based on ITIL principles, ideally with prior QA / audit experience
- Robust functional and development knowledge within FI, CO, MM, SD and VMS
- 5 years + ABAP experience (classic [event based] and OO [Object Orientated]). Experience of ABAP coding on SAP HANA, demonstrating a clear understanding of “sort” behaviour and row/column-based table usage is desirable.
- Experience of using SAP QA tools including, but not limited to, Code Inspector, ABAP Test Cockpit and ABAP Call Monitor
- Experience of performance issues / dangers and associated tuning
- Experience with Solution Manager ChaRM and MS Visio desirable
To apply for this role, select “Apply Here” and you will be taken to SkillsNow Platform.