Purpose of Role
The Business Analyst role has a wide range of participation in the operation of the platform. The person in this role will be continuously collaborating with Business team in different regions, countries, and markets across the organization.
The expectations on this role are:
- Have a continuous collaboration and communication with business teams in order to help, support and design digital initiatives/products and drive future strategy with a unique opportunity to influence direction and deliver great results.
- Collaborate with project teams to map business processes that will be impacted by the products generated as business applications.
- Continuously gather information that generates enough understanding of the initiatives to provide information in a business or technical format depending on the audience to enable the right understanding of the digital products as projects that will support business operations/processes. Act as a bridge between business and technical team is a key aspect to maintain clear expectations and fluent communication.
- Generate workshops / discovery efforts / documentation of/on the requirements of business / stakeholders
This individual will be an enabler for the team by providing a good understanding of the business needs, requirements, defects, target enhancements that are the base of product designs or product evolution.
JOB ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understanding business model, processes and business rules with scenarios. Generate documentation around that to properly share the information with technical teams.
- Working in agile environment being responsible of adding the information on Jira about the product understanding, epics, user stories, use cases and rules to test and acceptance.
- Experience in gathering, defining requirements and the creation of all related documentation (Epics, user stories, tasks, and acceptance criteria using BDD format)
- Supporting on the realization and understanding of customer journeys.
- Ability to communicate effectively and influence your team and stakeholders
- Digital practices/ideas to bring to the table and not be afraid of challenging the status quo
- Execution of workshops, discovery sessions and requirements gathering using Design thinking is desirable
- Work with regional Business and Digital Leads, Solution Architects and Product Owners to gather requirements, prototyping, architecting and implementing/updating solutions
- Write and/or review functional and technical requirements specifications for the implementation
- Work closely with the teams at DDC (Colombia and Philippines)
Strategy & Planning
- Provide consulting, guidance, and assistance to teams involved in projects.
- Document and develop in-depth platform processes to formalise them across the organisation.
- Collaborate in project strategy and business product definition
- Generate product development path for business applications.
- Document, communicate, and support on business architecture design.
- Generate status reports for the area and projects advancement.
- Collaborate with end users and senior management to define business pipeline, roadmaps and backlog on requirements for business applications development and operation.
- Review and participate in new and existing Business Application projects.
- Provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Create and maintain artifacts for knowledge sharing and coaching.
- Participate in periodic reviews of team management.
- Participate and conduct in results reviews meetings with business leaders and IT leaders.
Formal Education & Certification:
- Four-year university degree or college diploma in the field of computer science and/or 10 years equivalent work experience.
- Certifications around business Analysis such as certifications from IIBA
Desirable studies or training on:
- Design thinking
- Business process design
- Business Product definition (oriented to applications)
- Communication skills
- Agile methodologies
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Knowledge and Experience
- 5 years of experience in business analysis
- experience working under Agile methodologies
- 5 years of extensive experience gathering complex requirements, documentation, analysis, and validation
- End customer experience would be highly advantageous
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to manage up and down
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills is desirable (big plus)
- Business processes mapping tools
- Microsoft Office
- Tools supporting Agile methodologies such as Jira, and confluence
- Positive and constructive mindset.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation.
- People-oriented communication (differentiate between technical audience and functional audience)
- Analytical person, always prioritising impact, and importance on business.
- Developing Leader.
- Excellent stakeholder management.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Improvement mindset. Open for recommendations and fast learner.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Ability to write & communicate business models/processes, implications, risks, dependencies and results.
- Highly self-motivated and motivator.
- Office/remote work (depending on pandemic restrictions and projects)
- Available to work in different time zones.
- Some afterhours work will be required to join online meetings with global team members.
To apply for this role, select “Apply Here” and you will be taken to SkillsNow Platform.