Purpose of Role
- The IT Cloud Engineer will deploy, and migrate systems for IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS environments. This role is responsible for implement, operate and maintain the cloud services, and can evaluate new technologies for fit in current infrastructure architecture.
- This role will ensure the Cloud operation on the current tenancies and will maintain the continuous improvement process.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- The IT Cloud Engineer will work closely with the NCI project & service delivery area on the DDC (Colombia and Philippines)
- The services will be provided to worldwide Inchcape markets.
- Will support and apply the strategic infrastructure plan, according to the Enterprise strategy designed by the global IT architect.
- Must evaluate (architecture, cost, technology) for Cloud and hybrid environments.
- Active participation on the projects, designing the technical solution and oversee the deployment process to align the implementation with the architecture proposed.
- Must operate and maintain the reports of the cost services in the cloud platforms.
Strategy & Planning:
- Provide architectural consulting expertise, and assistance to Systems Analysts, Systems Engineers, and other Systems Architects.
- Develop, document, communicate, and enforce a technology standards policy.
- Participate in researching activities on emerging technologies in support of infrastructure development efforts and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility.
- Implementation of end-to-end integrated systems.
- Execute test plans to check infrastructure and systems technical performance. Report on findings and make recommendations for improvement.
Collaborate with end users and senior management to define business requirements for complex systems development and gain buy-in for all infrastructure plans.
Review new and existing IT projects, systems design, and procurement/outsourcing plans for compliance with IT standards and architectural plans.
Provide guidance to junior members of the team.
Create and maintain the NCI platform´s Business Continuity Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan including all the services provided by the platform.
Participate in the DDC’s Business Continuity plan and disaster recovery plan.
Operate and maintain overall internal services into the clouds platforms (Update, patching, back ups, access management, interfaces, etc.)
- Four-year university degree or college diploma in the field of computer science and/or 6 years equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in Azure, AWS (Architecture, Security, DevOps) highly regarded.
- Certifications in Cisco, Security,
- Certifications in VMWare & Citrix.
- Certifications in Hyperconverged systems (Nutanix, Simplivity)
- Itil v3 foundation.
Skills and experience required:
- 4 years successful administering Cloud tenancies or private cloud environments.
- Exceptional knowledge of infrastructure maintenance and delivery within an enterprise environment.
- Broad knowledge of current infrastructure technologies.
- Managing infrastructure for large ERP systems.
- Managing infrastructure for complex cloud applications.
- Extensive experience presenting technical architectural principles and designs to all levels of management.
- Strong security experience essential.
- Strong system administration (Linux and Windows) at the command-line level.
- Enterprise data centre infrastructure (compute, storage, networking, security, DR)
- Strong knowledge on Azure and AWS architecture (SaaS, PaaS and IaaS)
- Knowledge about Cloud security architecture
- Strong Microsoft Azure wVD (Windows Virtual Desktop) platform knowledge – including FSLogix (Virtual Profile Management)
- Full knowledge about the Azure and AWS services, licenses and price.
- Microsoft Office 365 / OneDrive / SharePoint / Teams configuration management
- Windows server and Linux
- Implementation of Databases (My SQL, Maria DB, SQL server) for cloud environments (not DBA)
- Experiences in consolidation of datacentres and hybrid environments
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure high-paced environment and make sound decisions.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated leadership and personnel/project management skills.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills and ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Ability to write & present technical & design documents.
- Able to conduct research into issues and products as required, and document outcomes.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- English spoken and written.
- Available to work in different time zones.
- Some afterhours work will be required to join online meetings with global team members.
To apply for this role, select “Apply Here” and you will be taken to SkillsNow Platform.