Purpose of Role:
Inchcape is one of the world’s largest independent automotive distributors and retailers. We manage the end-to-end distribution, logistics and customer experience for the best car brands in the world.
We are recruiting a talented and driven Data Engineer. You, as the successful Data Engineer, will have the ability to collaborate with a range of stakeholders across the business in problem solving and project delivery, as well as demonstrate verbal and written communication skills to effectively consult, negotiate and engage with internal and external stakeholders of all levels.
Reporting to the Lead Data Engineer, this role provides technical support for the BI & analytics environment. This includes assisting with the design, development and maintenance of the Data Lake, Delta Lake, the Data Warehouses, reporting datasets and all data and analytical requirements of the Inchcape Group. This also involves working on SAP BW, SAP BODS, Web Intelligence and Analysis for Office.
The primary role will be to help the Data Engineering team in ensuring the smooth run of all Live products as well as work assist the team in designing and developing effective technical solutions for our organization’s data and information needs. Along with this, the role is also responsible for the monitoring and maintenance of the analytics environment and will be required to support other specialists within the team.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Monitoring and maintenance of the analytics environment (SAP BW/HANA and Azure)
- Assist business users in their reporting needs using published Web Intelligence reports and pre-built Analysis for Office (AFO) reports.
- Assist in the design and build of robust scalable solutions to ingest data from different sources using Azure services such as LogicApps, Data Factory, and Databricks.
- Assist in the creation of reusable and scalable data pipelines.
- Develop ETL bug fixes using Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Databricks, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake v2 and Azure Purview.
- Preferably with experience in any programming languages (Preferably Python, SQL, VBA).
- Experience with Microsoft PowerBI software is an advantage.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure is an advantage.
- Experience with SAP BW/HANA is an advantage.
Leadership and Communication:
- Experience in supporting internal stakeholders
- A highly organised nature with high attention to detail
- Foster open communication and listen actively
- Practice information sharing and collaboration
- Present ideas & concepts logically with accurate documentation
- Plan and prioritises own work
- Any experience related to programming preferably Python, SQL and VBA.
- Degree from a good university preferably related to Computer Science, Information Technology and Engineering.
To apply for this role, select “Apply Here” and you will be taken to SkillsNow Platform.