Purpose of Role:
Inchcape is a leading global player in the automotive services sector operates in the distribution, retail and logistics markets.
The purpose of the Junior Backend developer is to help build an innovative B2B marketplace for the Automotive industry based on SAP Commerce Cloud (Hybris).
This role requires backend technical skills as well as eagerness to learn, also being part of a Scrum team, coordinating with other developers and peers.
This position will report to the Head of Engineering and will work closely with front-end and back-end developers, Product Owners, QA, DevOps and other members of the team on a daily basis.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Build a high-performing, responsive, maintainable, and scalable SaaS B2B platform
- Work closely with other Backend and Frontend developers. Be a team player
- Follow standards and practices to help look after code quality and security
- Implement tools, best practices, and methodologies within the SAP Commerce Cloud platform as directed by senior members of the team
- Use of Jira and Confluence to keep work status and technical documentation updated
- Write unit tests and keep good code coverage
Skills and Experience Required:
- 1+ years’ experience working on web applications with Java, J2EE and Spring framework
- 1+ years’ Hybris/SAP Commerce Cloud experience is ideal but not required
- Experience with unit test frameworks such as Junit
- Experience operating in a SCRUM team is ideal but not required
- Proactiveness and team player.
- Someone with a curious mind.
- A strong drive for getting features done quickly and successfully.
- Passion for technology and personal interest in keeping abreast of latest technology developments and best practices.
- On offer will be the chance to work with a global organization that is heavily focused on innovation and supporting their staff.
To apply for this role, select “Apply Here” and you will be taken to SkillsNow Platform.