Purpose of Role:
The purpose of the Solutions Architect is to provide technical solutions in order to help us build an innovative SaaS platform based on SAP Commerce Cloud (Hybris) for the Automotive industry.
This role requires high technical and people skills as they will be making very important technical and architectural decisions but also work with Senior Developers, Business Analysts and Product Manager. The Solutions Architect can take ownership of the overall solution and they are constantly challenging themselves and the rest of the team to keep improving.
This position will report to the Head of Engineering and will work closely with front-end and back-end leads and senior developers, Product Owners, QA, DevOps and other members of the team on a daily basis.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
• Develop a deep understanding of the technical architecture of the application, systems landscape, integrations partners and technology strategy of the program and the business.
• Design and document solutions to help us build a high-performing, responsive, maintainable, and scalable SaaS platform.
• Develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders and members of the team.
• Be the technical expert in the different technologies the solution uses, including SAP Commerce Cloud, Java, Angular, Apigee, etc.
• Propose and implement new tools, best practices, and methodologies.
• Use of Jira and Confluence to keep work status and detailed technical documentation updated.
• Monitor the overall quality and performance of the solution and suggest improvements.
• Monitor the tech debt backlog and take ownership to reduce it.
• Stay up to date in latest technologies and software practices that will help the team be more efficient.
• Lead architecture workshops and brown bag sessions.
Skills and Experience Required:
• 4+ years’ experience in similar Solutions Architect role in a medium to large company.
• 3+ years hands-on experience designing/working with systems integrations in various ways.
• 3+ years hands-on experience with microservice architecture and developing APIs.
• Experience using API gateways and/or service bus.
• 4+ years hand-on experience with Java and front end frameworks like Angular and typescript.
• Ability to present architecture solutions to people in different levels of the organisation.
• Ability to identify and communicate risks and issues.
• Ability to use the best technical solution taking in consideration different factors such as: cost, scalability, capacity of the team, short term vs long term analysis, etc).
• Problem solver.
• Proactiveness and team player.
• Someone with a curious mind.
• A strong drive for getting features done quickly and successfully.
• Passion for technology and personal interest in keeping abreast of latest technology developments and best practices.
• On offer will be the chance to work with a global organization that is heavily focused on innovation and supporting their staff.
To apply for this role, select “Apply Here” and you will be taken to SkillsNow Platform.