Inchcape is one of the world’s largest independent automotive distributors and retailers. We manage the end-to-end distribution, logistics and customer experience for the best car brands in the world.
We are reimagining the business of Used Car Sales and as such building a next generation business in the Used Vehicle global market, one that is purpose built for leveraging the rapid developments in AI experts supported by data scientists & software engineers. Analytics linked to the acquisition and mining of both internal and external data sources.
Philosophically we are not here to automate the past but reimagine the future.
To achieve this Inchcape is building an internal capability, this will be a small team of highly proficient AI experts , Data Scientists, Software Engineers, and Data Analysts for this nextgen Used car business.
This team will provide the means such that Inchcape, will be able to rapidly benefit from the use of generative and general AI to lead in the creation of next generation of Used Car businesses.
While we wish to reimagine and build the next generation business, we also realise the value in data and IP/Patents we will establish in this journey. Creation, protection & value of the IP that is developed is to be one of the core foundations of this team.
You will provide your Analyst skills to a global cross-functional team comprising of various functions, AI, data science, statistical analysis, automation, BI, analytics architecture, experimentation, and business analysis. You will help to provide technical oversight, business support and guidance for our acceleration partners who we’ve employed to help push forward our business objectives.
At your core, you are passionate about unlocking the power of data to create value, and evidence-based insights. Simply producing decks and reports is not enough for you!
A career with Inchcape provides the opportunity to work with a leading Data Science team in a multinational business where its goal is to reimagine the business of tomorrow today powered by Ai and Analytics.
You will experience in an exciting and rapidly growing team and an opportunity to be part of a truly global company committed to leading its industry through innovation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
As a Data Analyst, you will be responsible for conducting full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities, and design. You will develop analysis and reporting capabilities, evaluate internal systems for efficiency, problems, and inaccuracies, and develop and maintain protocols for data management. You will also monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements and translate complex data into non-technical language for team members of all backgrounds. The ability to sit and interface between the technical and business ecosystems is critical.
Your role will include:-
- The gathering data across the business and perform analysis to identify trends and insights that can inform decision-making.
- Develop analysis and reporting capabilities. Here deep skills with such tools as Excel are of great important in enabling rapid first tier analysis of data sets.
- Evaluate internal systems for efficiency, problems, and inaccuracies.
- Develop and maintain protocols for data management.
- Monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
- Translate complex data into non-technical language for team members of all backgrounds.
- Coordinate & facilitate multiple groups and specialists.
- Help with Data lifecycle management.
- Work in an agile manner
Who you are:
You have real-world, hands-on experience working with global data science & engineering teams. A deep understanding of business modelling and how data science informs business decisions is very relevant.
Being passionate about asking and answering questions in large datasets and have a strong desire to create strategies and solutions that challenge and expand the thinking of everyone around you should be second nature. Being inquisitive and comfortable in extracting, discovering, and interpreting insights gained in data mining/exploratory work will be an important attribute. Your experience should allow you to know how to understand and tackle loosely defined problems and come up with relevant answers and impactful insights.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as statistics, mathematics, economics, or computer science
- Experience in data analysis, data management, or a related field
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work with complex data sets.
- Proficiency in data analysis tools such as Excel, SQL and familiarity with Python, or R.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to translate technical information into non-technical language for team members of all backgrounds.
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms.
- High-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large-scale databases.
- Familiarity with both systems and business analysis and architectures will be very useful.
- A proven track record as a Data Analyst working with teams that successfully implemented advanced data science systems with measurable impact on business performance.
- Working knowledge of data modelling, meta data and DBMS technologies.
- Advantageous to have is any experience with Salesforce or SFMC integration and or experience working with Dealer Management Systems or SAP
You have 2 to 4+ years as a practicing data analyst, or technical business/analyst.
To apply for this role, select “Apply Here” and you will be taken to SkillsNow Platform.