Purpose of Role
The role of Salesforce administrator is, as the name suggests, an administrative position. They have data analysts under their command, and they are also responsible for teaching employees how best use Salesforce products.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
Being in charge of a corporation’s Salesforce efforts takes a lot of responsibility. The following list details some of the most relevant duties:
- Create New User Profiles and Monitor Access Levels
Salesforce administrators are the gatekeepers of their employer’s sales and marketing data. They create each user account and determine the proper level of access based on the employee’s role within the company. When an employee is fired or leaves the company, it is the Salesforce administrator who must remove their access credentials.
- Import New Leads and Contacts
Salesforce administrators oversee the importation of new leads and contacts on a daily basis. In large corporations, they develop a standard operating procedure for this process that is followed by entry-level market researchers and data analysts.
- Run Deduplication Tools
Duplicate data clogs up Salesforce and keeps it from running at full force. Salesforce administrators use deduplication tools like DemandTools or Ring Lead to scrub duplicate data from their database at least once a week.
- Install High-Priority Updates from Salesforce.com
While Salesforce automatically installs high-priority updates after a certain time period, good Salesforce administrators install these updates as soon as possible. This allows them to test the update in controlled conditions to see how it affects their system configurations.
- Run Quarterly Database Maintenance Reports
Salesforce administrators run many tests and reports to keep an eye on the health of their database. These include APEX tests, field utilization reports, roles by profile reports, and several others depending on the needs of one’s employer.
- Create and Maintain Archive for Field History Tables
Salesforce administrators have to keep records that go back at least 12 months and preferably 18 months. This includes documenting all error reports and all changes to field history tables.
- Address User Issues as They Arise
This broad duty encompasses several tasks. Salesforce administrators are the ones who solve any problems users are having with Salesforce. They also educate employees on new updates and onboard new hires whose role involves access to Salesforce.
- Salesforce Administrator Skills and Qualifications
Salesforce administrators rely on a blend of technical data-related skills and people skills to do their jobs successfully. The following is a list of required skills for this position:
- Salesforce expertise – a Salesforce administrator can’t get a job without knowing Salesforce inside and out. This includes at least a working knowledge of various secondary products and solutions offered by Salesforce, as well as the ability to teach basic Salesforce functions
- Email marketing expertise – managing email marketing campaigns is one of the most common uses for CRMs like Salesforce. Salesforce administrators are experts in segmenting lists and conducting A/B tests to monitor email performance
- Conversion rate optimization – Salesforce administrators use their data analysis skills and knowledge of company products and services to ensure the sales team’s conversion rate is as high as possible
- Data management – Salesforce administrators use the principles of data management to keep data organized and easy to use
- Problem-solving skills – since Salesforce administrators are the person employees contact if they have an issue accessing Salesforce, they rely on their problem-solving skills daily
Strong attention to detail – managing large data sets and routinely checking data for accuracy both require strong attention to detail
To apply for this role, select “Apply Here” and you will be taken to SkillsNow Platform.