Inchcape is one of the world’s largest independent automotive distributors and retailers. Our core purpose is to manage the end-to-end distribution logistics and customer experience for the best car brands in the world. We work on behalf of brands including BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar-Land Rover; VW Group (VW, Audi and Porsche); Toyota/Lexus and Subaru.
Founded in 1847, we are listed on the London Stock Exchange and have 18,700 employees in 32 markets across Asia, the Pacific, South America, Africa, and Europe.
Our core business is distribution in emerging markets, whereby we are exclusively responsible for an auto manufacturer’s sales and brand from the factory gate to the end sale in a specific country. This includes logistics, advertising & marketing, customer experience and retail.
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
As a Back-End Developer, you will be responsible for owning and delivering complex cloud based solutions using technologies such as PHP (Symfony, Laravel) SQL, RabbitMQ, Redis and so on.
- The candidate will be responsible for developing the backend solutions to complex solution components (e.g., integration, security, custom development).
- The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the system accurately meets the defined expectations of the business, ensuring that proper testing is implemented, and performance and security requirements are closely monitored by working with the project teams.
- The candidate must also have experience providing level of effort estimates for technical portion of solutions.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Work closely with Senior Back-End Developers and Technical Leads to align with
development standards and requirements.
• Responsible for server-side and API development, integration and operations
(maintenance, bug-fixing and optimization).
• Strong focus on TDD/BDD applications with ability to deploy on demand
• Work with CI/CD tools like Gitlab CI, ArgoCD, Jenkins etc.
Required Skills and Experience:
• At least 1-2 years as a PHP back-end developer and experience on web and cloud-based platform
• At least 1 years experience in Agile, Scrum and Waterfall methods
• Good understanding of cloud solutions and APIs.
• Hands on experience developing software components specifically e-commerce
• End to end implementation experience with open-source frameworks for both front end
and back end.
• Experience with development technologies such as:
– PHP (Symfony, Laravel)
– Testing frameworks – PHPunit, Codeception
- Data layer:
– Redis or other caching frameworks
– Terraform (Kubernetes)
• Hands-on experience with cloud platforms mainly Azure and Kubernetes (Docker, Helm)
• Experience developing web-based APIs (REST, BFF and GraphQL)
• Experience with Release Management, Source Control and Deployment concepts and
SCM tools – Bitbucket, GitHub, Gitlab etc.
• Strong knowledge of best practices in software development.
• Bachelor’s Degree
To apply for this role, select “Apply Here” and you will be taken to SkillsNow Platform.