Inchcape is one of the world’s largest independent automotive distributors and retailers. Our core purpose is to manage the end-to-end distribution logistics and customer experience for the best car brands in the world. We work on behalf of brands including BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar-Land Rover; VW Group (VW, Audi and Porsche); Toyota/Lexus and Subaru.
Founded in 1847, we are listed on the London Stock Exchange and have 18,700 employees in 32 markets across Asia, the Pacific, South America, Africa, and Europe.
Our core business is distribution in emerging markets, whereby we are exclusively responsible for an auto manufacturer’s sales and brand from the factory gate to the end sale in a specific country. This includes logistics, advertising & marketing, customer experience and retail.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Partner with the organization to understand organization and departmental strategy and agree information systems solutions to meet needs.
- Maintain an awareness of business solutions particularly in the area of collaboration, document management, CRM and b2b/b2c e-commerce system that support the client mission.
- Continuous development of expertise and learn new technologies that may be used or applied to our business
- Lead in designing, specifying and selecting information system solutions, considering functionality, data, security, integration, infrastructure and performance.
- Develop and maintain a model of the client’s current and future Application Architecture.
- Develop and maintain a model of the client’s current and future web architecture and design a structure that is stable, resilient and performant.
- Lead the organization in exploiting technology and use knowledge of IT solutions to drive organizational change and support business process design.
- Understand and support to software architecture design and support development team in developing solutions and integration patterns with external systems
- Estimate cost, and prepare business cases for IT solutions, considering infrastructure, licenses, development and support
- Work with the Project Managers and Business Analysts to develop high level project schedule resource plans for implementation projects.
- Create proof of concepts/architecture
Skills and Experience Required:
- Extensive hands-on experience with designing and creating Single Page Applications using ReactJS and TypeScript
- Hands on experience in designing an e-commerce platform (b2b/b2c) using an open-source tech stack. Particularly scripting languages for backend (NodeJS, PHP etc.)
- Extensive knowledge in HTML5, css, dynamic css, client-side scripting and JSON schema.
- Strategic business acumen and understanding of organization strategy and ability to design information systems to delivery that strategy
- Experience with cloud computing preferably specifically Azure
- Experience in evaluating a broad range of information solutions and products particularly document management, collaboration, payment providers and content management
- Excellent communication skills with ability to explain technical concepts to lay audiences. Some experience working with board level stakeholders.
- Self-starter with the ability to appropriately prioritize and plan complex work in a rapidly changing environment
- Results oriented with ability to produce products that deliver organizational benefit
To apply for this role, select “Apply Here” and you will be taken to SkillsNow Platform