Purpose of Role:
The Security Associate works with the Security Team to maintain the confidentiality, availability and integrity of Inchcape’s IT infrastructure, systems and data in. The Security Associate will be responsible for IT security incident handling and assuring compliance with Inchcape’s IT security policies.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, maintain and implement cyber and security information policies within the DDC platforms.
- Work with the compliance leads to ensure that policies are implemented, and all corrective actions are performed and verify if the corrective actions have eliminated the cause of non-conformities or risk issues.
- Coordinate security incident management within the DDC, receive information about security incidents, coordinate response to security incidents, prepare evidence for following an incident, and analyze incidents to prevent their recurrence.
- Assist or evaluate user activities to recognize suspicious behavior.
- Keeping up to date with developments in IT security standards and threats.
- Documenting any security breaches and assessing their damage.
- Security monitoring and Incident Management – Respond to alerts generated by Inchcape’s proactive internal and external security monitoring services and external news sources. Assess the severity of the incident and act as required including managing escalations where necessary.
- Group Standards and Security Controls – Assist Inchcape’s businesses IT Security controls. Wherever gaps in compliance are identified, ensure that a plan is in place to achieve compliance.
- Security Awareness & Training – Perform the administration of Inchcape’s IT Security Training system. Produce regular reports on the performance of users and ensure that all users complete their training. Support the service delivery manager to implement local security awareness and training initiatives. Assist key business departments to provide the necessary IT Security training for their staff. Contribute towards the success of security campaigns and test results. Maintain the library of best practice advice for end users.
Skills and Experience Required:
- A demonstrable passion for security, with an appetite to continuously learn about new tools and processes.
- Capacity to maintain good relations while providing the feedback required and maintaining the necessary level on professional independence.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure high-paced environment and make sound decisions.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills and ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Ability to write & present technical & design documents.
- Able to conduct research into issues and products as required, and document outcomes.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer-focused mind-set, with demonstrated skill in managing expectations, providing proactive status
updates, and producing high-quality work product.
- Available to work in different time zones
- Some afterhours work will be required to join online meetings with global team members.
To apply for this role, select “Apply Here” and you will be taken to SkillsNow Platform.