Purpose of Role:
The IT Cloud Engineer Specialist will be responsible for implement, operate and maintain platforms in cloud and on-premises and evaluate new technologies for fit in current infrastructure architecture. This role will ensure the Cloud operation on the current tenancies, will maintain the continuous improvement process, and will work in the Cloud migration projects and transition of new acquired companies into the Inchcape cloud services.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
• The IT Cloud Engineer Specialist will work closely with the NCI project & service delivery area on the DDC
(Colombia and Philippines)
• The services will be provided to worldwide Inchcape markets.
• Active participation on the projects and oversee the deployment process to align the implementation
with the architecture proposed.
• Must operate and maintain monitoring tools in the cloud platforms.
• Whiling to work in a 7 x 24 shift times for planned activities or on call/stand by shifts.
• Be able to support lower-level people in team roles, guide and orchestrate activities according to needs
Strategy & Planning
• Develop, document, communicate, and enforce a technology standards policy.
• Participate in researching activities on emerging technologies in support of infrastructure development
efforts and recommend improvements actions regarding the monitoring and operational events.
• Execute test plans to check infrastructure and systems technical performance. Report on findings and
make recommendations for improvement.
• Work closely with project management team, key stakeholders from other DDC Platforms.
• Escalate to other groups, platforms, or high-level management.
• Collaborate with end users and senior management to define business requirements for complex systems
development and gain buy-in for all infrastructure plans.
• Review new and existing IT projects, systems design, and procurement/outsourcing plans for compliance
with IT standards and architectural plans.
• Participate in the DDC’s Business Continuity plan and disaster recovery plan.
• Operate and maintain overall internal services like S.O updates, patching, backups, access
management, interfaces, monitoring etc.)
Formal Education & Certification:
- Four-year university degree or college diploma in the field of computer science and 8 years equivalent
- Certifications in Azure fundamentals (AZ-900) and Microsoft Azure Administrator (AZ-104).
- Proven knowledge and desire certification of developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure (AZ-204).
Skills and Experience Required:
Knowledge and Experience
• 8 years of experience working in IT.
• 6 years or overall experience and successful administering Cloud tenancies or private cloud
• Exceptional knowledge of infrastructure maintenance and delivery within an enterprise environment.
• Broad knowledge of current infrastructure technologies.
• Managing infrastructure for complex cloud applications.
• Experience presenting technical cloud principles, designs, and Automation / monitoring systems tools.
• Backup and disaster recovery tools management experience in Azure and AWS Platforms
• System administration (Linux and Windows) at the command-line level.
• Enterprise data centre infrastructure (compute, storage, networking, security, DR)
• Knowledge of Azure or GCP cloud services.
• Knowledge about basic Cloud security concepts
• Basic knowledge configuring and deploying monitoring tools.
• Knowledge building Azure Log Analytics Workspaces
• Microsoft Office 365 / OneDrive / SharePoint / Teams configuration management
• Knowledge in monitoring event analysis with Apigee and Cysiv.
• Experience with Azure Migrate.
• Experience in Mail Services migration from different platforms to O365.
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure high-paced environment and make sound
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Demonstrated leadership and personnel/project management skills.
• Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills and ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
• Ability to write & present technical & design documents.
• Able to conduct research into issues and products as required, and document outcomes.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• English spoken and written.
• Available to work in different time zones and 7×24 shifts.
• Some afterhours work will be required to join online meetings with global team members.
• Monday – Friday, office hours, and some standby for incidents or programmed activities.
• Possibility to adjust to shift-times within business hours to cover a follow the sun service.
To apply for this role, select “Apply Here” and you will be taken to SkillsNow Platform.